Three afternoon sessions
Leadership and Training Centre
Shenley Brook End School
Shenley Brook End
Milton Keynes MK5 7ZT
Tuesday 21st Oct 2014
Monday 2nd Feb 2015
Monday 22nd June 2015
FEES: £100 per participant for all sessions
2 weeks prior to start date
Two afternoon sessions to keep primary and secondary SENCo/Inclusion Managers abreast of the latest developments and changes on the landscape, as well as to provide opportunities to network professionally.
Each session will serve to address the latest issues in introducing the Children & Families Act 2014, as well as the expected new SEN Code of Practice 2014. From a practical and implementation perspective the following will also be considered:
- Defining the school offer as part of the local offer
- The new SEN Code of Practice – what does it mean and strategies for cascading with staff
- Managing finance
- Managing additional needs/SEN register
- Supporting colleagues
- Working with SEN governors
- Working with teaching assistants
- Informing parents of the changes
- Submitting EHCP assessment referrals
The sessions will also include time for SENCos to bring school-specific concerns to the forum for discussion, inspiration and peer-to-peer support.
The course is led and facilitated by Anita Devi, a National SEN Consultant and trainer with experience from early years to postgraduate provision.
To apply for this course or make an enquiry please click the link below.