FORMAT: Full day
Chiltern Teaching School Alliance
Denbigh High School
Wednesday 20th October 2014
£210 per participant
40% Impact Award
2 weeks prior to start date
SLC Code: RC 212
This course will support you in responding to the increased literacy demands in examinations and help to provide students with the skills to be effective, independent learners. Developing effective writers is underpinned by a range of literacy skills, including making good use of talking and reading. You will have the opportunity to reflect on your current practice and to consider further developments of your teaching. A range of strategies that can be easily implemented in teaching will be introduced.
You will be able to:
- Describe what constitutes effective teaching and learning with respect to literacy
- Use an increased repertoire of teaching and learning strategies to enhance students’ literacy skills
- Identify the contexts in which students will use exploratory talk and active reading strategies
- Reflect on the barriers to good writing
- Demonstrate an awareness of the range of writing styles required in science and how they can be developed
To apply for this course or make an enquiry please click the link below.